Early Years Foundation Stage: Nursery
We will be using this page to upload any home learning activities. These will be added to the bottom of this page. Please still use Tapestry to keep us updated on how your home learning is going and any activities you are enjoying together as a family. We will be looking at this on a regular basis.
EYFS development is mainly learning through play. Our home learning will have a mix of structured activities as well as using the world around us to develop life skills.
Things children could be doing daily:
Getting themselves dressed and undressed independently. (Physical Development) Can they practise doing zips and buttons as well as turning their clothes around if inside out.
Laying the table: (Mathematical Development) Counting out the correct number of knives, forks, spoons, mats etc.
Reading stories and looking at books: (Literacy/ Communication and Language): What is the story about? Did you enjoy it? Why? How are the characters feeling? What might happen next? Y
Spring: (Understanding the World) If you have a garden - keep a look out for the changes that happen in spring. What changes can we see? What is happening? You may even want to do some planting, gardening or watering the plants.
From all of the EYFS team
Our Daily Routine
9-9.05am Calendar/ Maths - day of the week, month of the year, weather
9.05-9.20am: Phonics (Tues/ Wed/ Thurs) Maths (Mon/Fri)
9.20-10.30 Learning through play
10.30-10.45am: singing/ music/ circle time
10.45am - 11.30am: Learning through play
11.30-11.45am: Story time
Our learning through play supports the following areas of the curriculum:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development - making relationships, self-confidence and self awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
2. Communication and Language - speaking, listening, understanding
3. Physical Development - moving and handling, health and self care
4. Literacy - reading and writing
5. Mathematical Development - Number/ Shape, space and measure
6. Understanding the world - People and Communities, The World, Technology
7. Expressive arts and deign - Using media and materials, being imaginative
Medium term plans 2019/2020